cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting timed out after 40 minutes

Srbromby
Listener

Although there were only 2 participants in my meeting today, the meeting timed out after 40 minutes. Has there been a policy change?

14 REPLIES 14

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I believe there are no changes with regard to that aspect. Your meeting will automatically end based on the idle time.

Here is the article that I found: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Time-limits-for-Zoom-Meetings

This is new to me. My meetings have always been 1 host with 1 participant and today has been the first time I've had a meeting time out. Last meetings would have been April 29.

JepZoomie

Hi there, let me correct my previous reply.

It appears to have been some changes. Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

Here is an article that I found regarding the changes: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha...

Margaritque
Listener

Yes, today I'm experiencing the same problem today. After visiting the link I found this

IMG_20220502_155838.jpg

mireias
Listener

The exact same thing happened to me today. All my meetings ended at 40 minutes even though we were only two people (myself and a participant). I don't have an answer as to how to solve it but I don't think there has been a policy change, so maybe it's a temporary glitch?

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Looks like there is something that changed, starting today.

Changes to existing features

1. Free account meeting duration changes
    Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

Alex

zoom@pft

misskateslice
Listener

Same thing for me today and totally sucks if this remains... e.g. 40 minutes for 2 people. I do personal therapy sessions on Zoom, and we'll move to something else if we have to keep logging back in. We had to do that three times today.

Joaz2080
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hello @Margaritque , @Srbromby  - Thanks for reaching out to Zoom community. Yes, there was a recent change which is elaborated in our Support page ~> May 2, 2022 - Free account meeting duration changes.

skhator
Listener

Yes Agreed
Same has been happened with me while only two participants were there and meeting ended in 40 minutes. Can anyone help

Alex_PFT

Do you have someone else in your account with a paid license or it's just you with a free account?  From what I understand, you need at least one user with a paid license now, so all the other users in the account with no license can do meetings not limited to 40 minutes.

Alex

zoom@pft 

vggsrio
Listener

The same happened to me....  😡😡

Ali200290
Listener

Same for me 😞 I can't understand what the problem is!

they are forcing users to pay for a one on ne meeting now !!! they have taken 20 minute away from every meeting!!!!!!!

liz5
Listener

yes there has been a change and it is reprehensible!!  i have been using zoom for quite some time and i find it absolutely disgusting to have made this change only to sforce users to spend  money!!  it is obnoxious to say the least!!!