cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting time

Jackelin1
Listener

How come I could before had a free meeting for more than 40 minutes and now anymore? It should be left this way, that was the main reason I still used this app because you could record and use the class for more than 40 minutes, it feels useless using it this way, I could better go to another app

5 REPLIES 5

Joern78
Listener

This particular problem applies to me too. I'm on a basic plan and until last week I could have meetings with one other person for as long as I wanted. But since then the 40 minute barrier has appeared and the meeting abruptly ends. Is this a specific problem which only regards to me or does anyone else has the same problem?

Joern78
Listener

OK, found the "solution"

"Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes."

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109

It is a pity, but it is what it is.

Jackelin1
Listener

I think it is not fair to abuptly change this feature since it was a reason why I chose to stay with Zoom different from others, it was because of this feature, instead of improving this makes it decrease on users often usage of this, but since instead of retaining users, they take them away, really sad and disappointed.

Joern78
Listener

The only reason for me to stay with zoom is the integration it provides.
I haven't found another program to run on my mac AND use my Ipad as a whiteboard connected via cabel or Airplay .
If you don't rely on these things, there are plenty of other apps out there 😉

Jackelin1
Listener

For sure