cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting time zones changing automatically and sending email cancellations to attendees

MillBrook
Listener

Hi --

I am having trouble with the time zone changing when adding a meeting to my calendar through the OUTLOOK.ICS link.

For example:

I schedule a meeting in the Eastern Time Zone.

It saves as Eastern Time Zone

I click on the ADD TO: Outlook.ics link

I invite attendees

They receive an invite and accept it (still everything is showing in Eastern Time Zone)

The Zoom meeting also shows in my own calendar as Eastern Time Zone

THEN....

within a couple minutes, each attendee receives and automatically generated Cancellation email

and there is a second meeting added to my calendar showing Pacific Time Zone.

My computer, Zoom and Outlook are all set with the Eastern Time Zone.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Lifeslices
Listener

I have had this, or a similar, problem a couple of times through Google Calendar. I'm in the Pacific time zone and usually the invite automatically adjusts to the recipients time zone, but a couple of times it hasn't. The latest was today. I set the meeting for 11am PT but the recipient, in Houston, got an invite for 9am. That's not even right for a time travel story.  My question is, is this a Zoom issue or a Google Calendar issue?

me too!

S_K
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there!

This could be a calendar integration issue. This Zoom Support article may help: Setting up calendar and contacts integration.

If this has answered or helped you find a solution to your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so others in the Community may benefit as well.

mbaker1
Listener

me too!

S_K

Hi MillBrook,

Did my recommendation help? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution so others in the Community may benefit as well.