cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting scheduled in Outlook has wrong time in Zoom App

neve
Participant

This is affecting someone I support. When they schedule a Zoom meeting in Outlook using the Outlook plugin, everything looks correct, the invitations are correct, the calendar is correct, etc. When they look at the scheduled meeting in their Zoom app, the time is always wrong. The incorrect time sometimes seems to be close to when the meeting was created, and not when the meeting was scheduled.

This is on a Mac and I've made sure that both Zoom and Outlook have been updated to the most recent versions.

8 REPLIES 8

anissat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Double-check to see if the time zone is the same, or if it's reflecting their own time zone. 

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

neve
Participant

I should have noted that this was one of the first things I checked. It's also worth noting that the amount of error between the time shown in the Zoom app, and the correct time of the meeting is highly variable which would seem to rule out a time zone or daylight savings time issue.

Hey there, found this discussion on a google search. Did you by chance find any rhyme or reason to this?  I am experiencing the same issue. Happens in outlook for mac on app also in windows. And it's definitely not time zone because sometimes hour long meetings could be 30 minutes.

No solution has been found. I've told our users to manage all Zoom meetings through Outlook, since the Zoom app is often missing appointments. That the times can sometimes be wrong is even more reason to not use the app.

Yup sounds not as ideal, thanks for the update!

haaaa123
Listener

Hello, 

Did you figure out this issue? I have a user that is having the same issue.

Thank you.

neve
Participant

No, the issue still exists as far as a I know.

JacobusN
Listener

We have found this to be caused by allowing the Zoom addin to automatically add meeting info to meetings. For example, in Outlook you click the new meeting button. The default time is 08:00. The Zoom meeting is instantly created for that time. When the time is changed in the appointment before sending, this does not reflect what was already sent to Zoom. We found the best workflow to be 1. Disable automation creation of Zoom Meetings. 2. Create you meeting invite and fill out time, subject, recipients, etc. 3. Click that add Zoom Meeting button. 4. Send meeting invite.