cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting registrations limit: possible beyond licensed number or participants?

HanaPS
Listener

Is it possible to have more registrations for a Zoom meeting than what my current license allows as a limit of participants? I.e. while on Pro license have over 100 registrations for the meeting assuming not everyone show up. Thanks for advice! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @HanaPS 

Yes, we will automatically allow more registrations to be completed, as Zoom doesn't know if everyone will actually attend. We wouldn't want to limit your attendees based on absent minded registrants. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @HanaPS 

Yes, we will automatically allow more registrations to be completed, as Zoom doesn't know if everyone will actually attend. We wouldn't want to limit your attendees based on absent minded registrants. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Many thanks, @Bort for the prompt and helpful advice! 

I have a question that relates to the same issue. I use the Zoom Pro license + Large Meetings option (500).
In the registration options I can limit the number of registered participants. If I check the box and enter there a number above 101 I get a red message that in the meeting maximum 100 "spectators" can enter? What is the difference between participants & spectators? Does this mean that in meetings with registration only 100 participants can join?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-08 um 15.22.18.png

@Bort attached screenshot of the Error Massage, if I type a number above 101 in the registration options.

Bort

Hi @Fürstenberg 

You should be able to have registration go up to the maximum participants your meeting allows. Do you have the Large Meeting Add-on assigned to your profile? If not, that would explain why the system is not allowing you to increase your maximum registration count. 

jquinn
Listener

Are you able to limit your registration for a meeting to less than your what we are allowed. For example, I would like to limit registration to 50 vs 100. I am offering multiple meetings and trying to spread people out. if I reach 50, I want people to go on a wait list and pick another option. Capping registration, once my number has been reached is not an option, I would like people to know ahead of time, that they can't attend that meeting. As it is staff meeting, I would like not to have to use a third party such as event brite to register.

I would also like to know the answer to this. As much as you might think you want to allow for absent-minded participants, you can't allow the number of people that can sign up to exceed the number you want. What if there are no absent-minded participants? Then, you have these people who signed up and now cannot attend.