cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting or Webinar recording layout - incorrectly separating shared screen and speaker recordings

LyndadK
Listener

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Our zoom account (pro I think) recording settings are ticked for: 

- allow hosts to record / save the meeting / webinar to the cloud
- Record active speaker with shared screen (what we want!)
- Record gallery view with shared screen
- Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately (ticked active speaker, gallery view, shared screen)

However, recently both a meeting and webinar have recorded the many files, but the 'shared screen with speaker' (or gallery) view only display the shared screen? I'm not getting a recording combining the speaker with their shared screen (what we need!) 

I am logged in as host, manually pausing recording for the pre-discussion then starting recording when commencing. When I start the recording, it gives me the option to record locally or to the cloud, and I'm selecting cloud. 

What do I need to change for it to record the combined shared screen with speaker? 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It's a little confusing, since the setting is not located next to the other layout settings, but you would need to enable the Record thumbnails when sharing option, in the Advanced cloud recording settings section. That will ensure videos are  recorded with shared content. 

Hi Bort, 

Thank you for this suggestion, however the Record thumbnails when sharing option is already enabled thus that's not it. 

The only thing that I can think of is that I'm pausing or stopping record, and then starting again. When I start the recording it gives me the option to record to the cloud or local, as opposed to automatically recording on the cloud. Could this have something to do with it? 

Lynda