cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting links never work, participants are asked for passcode

neel_s
Listener

I have zoom integrated with Google Calendar, and I always add a zoom meeting when I send out an invite. I integrated zoom with my own calendar originally, and then my workspace admin integrated it with everything.

9 times out of 10, possibly 10 out of 10, my invitees can't join the meeting. Zoom will ask them for a password (which should be baked into a link), and the password in the calendar invite doesn't work. I'll inevitably slack them a zoom link using "/zoom," and it will actually open up the zoom I'm already in and work just fine.

It's gotten to the point where my admin turning on zoom for our space is destroying my ability to talk to colleagues and customers, and I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone know of a solution?

I don't think this happens for my colleagues, but I've started setting up hangouts with them whenever I own the meeting. It doesn't happen for all of my meetings, but I can't tell if that's just because some of them are older meetings. Almost anything new that I schedule is totally broken.

2 REPLIES 2

neel_s
Listener

Bumping this for visibility

HomesFirst
Listener

02.06.23.  I suddenly - last three weeks - am having the same problem with people outside my email domain.  Seems not to happen to people in my domain but suddenly if you are not in same domain, participants are asked for a password and can't join.  VERY frustrating.   I think I am going to have to cancel my zoom account and switch to google meet.