cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting IDs become invalid

tedro
Listener

Approx 75% of the meetings i have scheduled are failing. IDs get changed, I did set it to use my PMI but it doesn't. This is such an incredibly hard thing to do - to consistently use only one id forever and not have to worry about using a different ID if I just start a meeting right away, using a different ID when I schedule a meeting, etc.

Why doesn't it only use your PMI if that's the option you have turned on?  There has to be some setting someplace (not in the app because the Preferences window is completely useless)?  What am I missing because right now I'm soooo close to cancelling and just finding an alternate service.

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@tedro Can you explain your scheduling workflow?

How are you scheduling the meetings that are showing as invalid ID? There are certain restrictions governing how long those meetings last. 
Reference: Meeting and Webinar IDs 

tedro
Listener

Hmmm, interesting (and somewhat overly complex) that there are all these different sorts of meeting IDs.  That may be my problem as often I just click Start Meeting and assume it is using my meeting ID.  But apparently it isn't.  This forces the user to spend a lot of brain cells on just trying to interpret what ID Zoom is using, how I created the meeting (which may have been weeks/months in the past) etc.  I can't just start it up and be confident its using the same consistent ID every time.  Is there a way to do that??