cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting ID and PMI Changing

alys
Listener

Whenever I start a new meeting the meeting ID and passcode change. How can I obtain only one meeting ID and one passcode?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

With Zoom, every meeting has a meeting id. You have two options when scheduling a meeting.

1. One is to use your Personal Meeting ID (PMI). The best practice is to only use this with family, co-workers, and close friends because the meeting id and password do not change unless you change them (#1 in the screenshot).
  2. The other option is to use Generate Automatically. This meeting will have a new meeting id and passcode for every meeting since you want the passcode not to change, use the Generate Automatically (#1) and Recurring Meeting (#2) for your meeting. You will have the same meeting id and passcode. You will need to set the dates - daily, weekly, etc., but I would recommend this. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

chrismenard7

When you start a new Zoom meeting, are you using the desktop app and clicking New Meeting (image 1)? If yes, make certain that you check Use my personal meeting ID (image 2). You can even test this today. Start a new meeting with your PMI. End the meeting. Now start another meeting, is it the same PMI? 

chrismenard7

Sure. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

Click Meetings (#1) 

Click Personal Room (#2)

Click Edit (#3)

Change the passcode and click SAVE.

8 REPLIES 8

wlcutler
Listener

Log on to Zoom and set up a recurring meeting. You have to say when it regularly recurs when you set it up, but Zoom doesn't hold you to that. You can still send the link whenever the meeting is going to happen, and you use that link to start the meeting. You can decide whether to imbed the passcode in the logon or require people to enter it. 

chrismenard7

With Zoom, every meeting has a meeting id. You have two options when scheduling a meeting.

1. One is to use your Personal Meeting ID (PMI). The best practice is to only use this with family, co-workers, and close friends because the meeting id and password do not change unless you change them (#1 in the screenshot).
  2. The other option is to use Generate Automatically. This meeting will have a new meeting id and passcode for every meeting since you want the passcode not to change, use the Generate Automatically (#1) and Recurring Meeting (#2) for your meeting. You will have the same meeting id and passcode. You will need to set the dates - daily, weekly, etc., but I would recommend this. 

Thank you. 

I have a PMI and a Passcode, but for some reason it keeps changing automatically whenever I log into zoom. This means that I am obliged to send a new PMI and Passcode to those whom I want to invite to the zoom meeting. I've looked at the settings and the PMI and the Passcode are locked. So, I don't understand why it keeps changing every time I start a new zoom meeting. My sister doesn't have this problem. Whenever she hosts a meeting, the same PMI and passcode are used. She did not have to go through the procedures you've described.

chrismenard7

When you start a new Zoom meeting, are you using the desktop app and clicking New Meeting (image 1)? If yes, make certain that you check Use my personal meeting ID (image 2). You can even test this today. Start a new meeting with your PMI. End the meeting. Now start another meeting, is it the same PMI? 

Thank you. I will look at this.

Thank you Chris very much. This has solved my problem. But now, can you help me with changing my passcode. I've looked through settings and I can't change the passcode because it is locked.  How can I change the passcode to something that is more recognisable for me?

chrismenard7

Sure. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.

Click Meetings (#1) 

Click Personal Room (#2)

Click Edit (#3)

Change the passcode and click SAVE.

Thank you again for your help. It works.