cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing accounts

berninbush
Listener

I have a bit of an unusual problem. I have two jobs -- I own a small consulting business, and I also work part-time for a nonprofit organization. I use Zoom for both jobs. I originally signed up for Zoom with my email address from the nonprofit, but then I converted that to an independent paid account to use with the consulting business. Now I'm having an issue because the nonprofit has tightened up their security and I apparently can't get in to some meetings unless my Zoom account is associated with theirs. Our IT guy told me that most employees with paid Zoom accounts have resolved the issue by bringing their account under the umbrella of the organization's (receiving a substantial discount in the process), but I'm a little reluctant to do that because honestly I'm primarily using the paid features for my other business, including making the account available to my business partner,  and I don't like further entangling my two worlds. I could just have two separate accounts, one paid and one free, but then I'd have to keep switching back and forth. Is there some way to associate my existing account with my organization without merging the billing? I found a place under settings that seemed to be a way to do that, but when I entered the email address my IT guy gave me as the organization's primary account, Zoom didn't recognize it.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @berninbush it's been some time since you've posted this discussion. I saw in a previous chat you had with our billing team that as a member of a Pro Plan, you have the option to remove your existing user account and convert it to an individual Basic (Free) plan with the option to purchase your own license. 

That it depends if your account has an Associated Domain and how that is configured, you may not be able to leave the account. If unable to unassociated, you will need to create a new account with a different email.

With that being said, were you able to figure out your options? If so, great! If not, I can always help!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!