cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Ventura 13.0

MarkGW
Attendee

Since upgrading my Mac to Ventura 13.0 yesterday, Zoom (5.11.6) crashes when I open the external contacts.  Today it is showing an upgrade available but gives Error 10004 when I try to upgrade

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I found a fix. I went into settings and give permission for installer to access my downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

View solution in original post

Hello RogerPA. Those items (us.zoom and ZoomAutoUpdater) are not listed in said location. I do not know how to add them. HOWEVER, after furthering reading, I decided to try something different. I downloaded zoominstaller, dragged it into Applications, then double-clicked it from there. Voilà! I don't understand it, but it worked.

The answer is in this thread about a dozen times, I've personally posted it a couple of times.. the problem is when the installer is in the downloads folder, just move it to your desktop and install from there or you can go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer and allow Downloads

146 REPLIES 146

Simply does not work for me. ZOOM fix this or my company is leaving.

I found a simpler fix.

Just transfer the installation file to your desktop.  

A prompt will appear to ask if you allow access to your desktop. Click yes. 

Installation will proceed without the error message.

jy_Zoom
Listener

I found a simpler fix.

Just transfer the installation file to your desktop.  

A prompt will appear to ask if you allow access to your desktop. Click yes. 

Installation will proceed without the error message.

THANK YOU!!!!! this worked perfectly

tkpierce
Listener

Worked for me as well!

ahmete
Listener

I've been getting the same error.  

I discovered that if I restart my Mac, I am able to open a Zoom session. But this is a short term solution that allows me to use Zoom once: the error rears its ugly head again the next time I try to use Zoom. Looking forward to a real solution from the Zoom folks.

1Meilani_com
Listener

The workaround that worked for me was to go to the zoom.us website, log in, and launch a meeting from there.  But please Zoom, fix this asap.  Zoom, you are making us feel like the only accounts you care about are large corporate ones. I get that, they pay, but if those are who you want to serve just come out and say so. Check out Discord for inspiration on how to make money from smaller accounts in a positive way. It is the best virtual meeting app out there.  

denter
Listener

A fix that worked for me (the others on this thread did not):

Move the installer download (.pkg file) directly to the Applications folder and then open it from there. When I did that, it installed just fine. 

I dragged the app from an old Mac into my new Mac’s application folder and it worked for me too. After two days back and forth with Zoom Support with nothing working, I tried it on my own as a last ditch effort.

Seriously, it's been such a ridiculous hassle not to be able to use the Zoom app for days. Can't believe this issue exists and is unresolved by Zoom. Instead, we frantic, paying users are having to figure out ourselves. @Bort please at least update the community from your end of the workaround until you sort it on your end!

This works for me as well! Thanks, I was just about to give up because all else failed...

Thank you SO much!   After spending the better part of the day on this,  I finally

found your directions which actually worked for me!    Phhhhew!

TimD553
Listener

It's ridiculous to think that a company with these resources wouldn't be able to get the developer preview and sort out these software issues before the official release.  What the hell are we paying you for?!?!?!

MediatorMarlon
Listener

Can someone PLEASE layout for the "technically challenged" (like me at times) the step-by-step way to fix this problem? 

Simple, short words - yeah, I know I am opening myself up to sarcasm - but I need this fixed! (Please) 

This strategy given to the Zoom Community by denter worked for me:  Move the

installer download (.pkg) to the Applications folder and open it from there.    

Hope that helps.

THIS WORKED!!! THANK YOU!!!

KVSR
Listener

Hello everyone.  I managed to install Zoom 5.12.6 (12435) on my MacBook Pro M1Pro macOS Ventura 13.0.1.  What I did is as under

1. Download the Zoom installer into the Downloads folder

2. Open the .pkg file

3. At  Introduction, click on Continue

4. At Installation Type, click on Change Install Location option

5. Select the option (you want out of the two) and click on Continue

6. Click on Install and enter your password when asked

7. Click on OK to allow access when the screen pops up informing  you "Installer.app would like to access files in your Downloads folder."

The installation continues and the Zoom program gets installed.

cloudmamma
Listener

I am having the exact same experience.  In fact, the Zoom app I was using on my computer is completely blocked from being used.  Can someone at Zoom fix this problem quickly?

DCS-lifer
Listener

My somewhat educated "guess" is that with Mac having upgraded all of its permissions - the Zoom app is not triggering MacOS to ask the user permission.  It is just being blocked. This is completely amateur in that Zoom had access to developer editions for MacOS and should have known the MacOS was making major changes.

FAHolmes
Listener

Mark

I got the same error.  I went to support and there was a msg did 11-10-2022 suggesting I go to zoom.us/downloads.  I did that and was able to upgrade to 5.12.5 (12565).  However, on my backup laptop, I am unable to get to that screen.  The msg from 11-10-2022 is no longer on the screen, only from 11-3-2022. So, I am also unable to update my backup laptop.

Not sure how to communicate that to Zoom since my subscription does not entitle me to verbal support.  I have never had problems before so I don't have any experience with the HELP email system yet.  FAH

1Meilani_com
Listener

I've been getting the error message too. Just close it out - don't retry. Once I close the error message box and click zoom again it opens fine. When I hit the retry button it just goes into an endless frustrating loop. Hitting the Close button closes it then Zoom opens fine on the 2nd try.

RMerritt
Listener

Zoom will took my money for the annual plan but won't keep up with the mac updates. That's unacceptable! Will some of my money be refunded?

RiverP
Listener

It's not a Zoom problem. Some guy found a fix. He went into setting. Privacy and Security. Files and Folders, then clicked on an arrow to the left of installer which bring up the option to allow access to the download folder. On the same setting; on Security; he allowed application downloaded from App Store and identified developers. This fixed the problem.

ricekrispiesde
Listener

This worked for me as well! Thank you thank you, this was driving me crazy!

ARoth
Listener

This has been driving me bananas for the past couple of weeks, but found a solution today. What worked for me was to go to System Settings > Privacy & Security > Full Disk Access and make sure Installer is toggled on. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi all on the thread! I would suggest looking into the KB article on Zoom error code 10004 and let me know by replying to this if this resolves your issue! If so, don't forget to click the accept as solution button. Thanks! 

@MarkGW 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone! A new support article was recently created to provide troubleshooting steps if you're experiencing trouble installing Zoom on your Mac device. Here is the link to it: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/14194612186381

Please let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?