cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Ventura 13.0

MarkGW
Attendee

Since upgrading my Mac to Ventura 13.0 yesterday, Zoom (5.11.6) crashes when I open the external contacts.  Today it is showing an upgrade available but gives Error 10004 when I try to upgrade

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I found a fix. I went into settings and give permission for installer to access my downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

View solution in original post

Hello RogerPA. Those items (us.zoom and ZoomAutoUpdater) are not listed in said location. I do not know how to add them. HOWEVER, after furthering reading, I decided to try something different. I downloaded zoominstaller, dragged it into Applications, then double-clicked it from there. Voilà! I don't understand it, but it worked.

The answer is in this thread about a dozen times, I've personally posted it a couple of times.. the problem is when the installer is in the downloads folder, just move it to your desktop and install from there or you can go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer and allow Downloads

146 REPLIES 146

The answer is in this thread about a dozen times, I've personally posted it a couple of times.. the problem is when the installer is in the downloads folder, just move it to your desktop and install from there or you can go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer and allow Downloads

Please don't insinuate this works for all.  It did not work for me.

I had to completely uninstall and download from the Zoom site.

This worked well! Thank you!!!

there is no "files and folders" in my chrome settings. Now what? Additionally, there is no installer in my downloads, Ideas?

@Bort can you please pin the resolution to the top or something? Every day people are coming here desperate for help but not finding the solution.. the solution is in this thread about a dozen times, I've personally posted it a couple of times.. the problem is when the installer is in the downloads folder, just move it to your desktop and install from there, or they can go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer and allow Downloads

Nope.  Didn't work for me.  I had to completely uninstall and download fresh.  I agree this should be close with possible solutions at the top.

Muchas Gracias ! Me Funciono. 

Thank you ! It worked for me.

I have a Mac Mini running Ventura 13.0. It's now February 2023 and your advice did not help. I tried running the latest version (5.13.7) as well as the version that's provided after clicking on the link "Or, for Macs with Apple Silicon chips, click here to download." It turns out both versions posted in the Download Centre for Macs are the same (5.13.7) and version 5.13.7 absolutely does not work with my Mac Mini. Someone posted here (back in late 2022) that version 5.12.3 works with Ventura but there is no link to allow me to download old versions of Zoom. Help!

Hello! I continue to get this error when I attempt to download zoom. Why doesn't it download?

Rebecca

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 3.16.09 PM.png

hopefully, you got this recommendation already.  I went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then click on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

vishnusheth
Listener

Facing the same error. This is so frustrating! I won't be able to use Zoom until you guys support Mac OS 13. 

Can you use the browser? Chrome worked for me.

friesenf
Listener

Same issue! Did a full uninstall, then reinstall.. but it still crashes/won't open Zoom. I now cannot use Zoom on my apple macbook. Please help! Thank you!

ryo3
Listener

I was in the same situation. In my case (MacBook2019), once uninstalled Zoom and re-installed it, then I could install update.

I tried that and it still won't let me share my screen. I have the latest version of Zoom.

How did it let you install? Every time I run the installer it gives me an error 😞 

kkk2
Listener

Also not working from my side, super frustrated without any solutions to install zoom desktop client for Macbook (M1 Pro) after upgrading to Ventura 13.0. Hope the solutions can be followed up ASAP.

MichMike
Listener

Per Zoom Support this morning.... "The issue was with updating the app in MacOS Ventura from 5.11.6~5.11.11 to 5.12.0 or higher. The updater within the Zoom client will not work. But if Zoom is completely uninstalled and you download the correct and latest version from the website, the install will push through. If the version is already 5.12.0 and you try to update, there should be no issue." ......... I just tried uninstall old version, and install fresh a new version, and it worked fine for me on macOS Ventura 13.0 on a M1 Pro chip.

This didn't work for me. That was exactly my path, old version that failed to update so I uninstalled fully, restarted and now can't install the newer version of Zoom on MacOS Ventura on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro Max.

@matpowel, same didn't work for me either. Did full uninstall (even using Clean My Mac) - asked for support and they kept telling me to do an update via my desktop Zoom app. I kept trying to explain it's been uninstalled and I CAN'T re-install it for some reason without an error code and so I couldn't do ANY of the things suggested. So frustrating.

I was trying to re-install Version 5.12.7 (12529) -- which supposedly is fine with MacOS Ventura. NOT SO. Please help!

I got it working. You have to either move the downloaded Zoom installer to the Applications folder and install it from there, or enable "Installer" to access the Downloads folder. To do the latter go to:

Click Apple sign in top left of your screen, then:

System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer -> Set "Downloads folder" access to on.

Now you can install!

YES - THAT DOES THE TRICK - Cheers!

Walker_Sr
Listener

Same thing here.

Me too.  The new version won't install on my MacBook Air M1.  

MarkGW
Attendee

Got to say, this is the kind of conversation I would expect to find about a useful peice of software developed by a kid in his bedroom.  Sorry guys, Mum says I can't fix it till I've done my homework.

kdh1
Listener

Thanks to everyone who said don't uninstall as it won't reinstall. You saved me a lot of heartache. My workaround right now is to open zoom on its own, and then painstakingly enter the ID and password by hand. Not fun, but it's getting me in.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi all, 

Just wanted to provide an update on this issue. I was unaware, but our engineers were actually aware of this potential update issue and made sure to implement a fix as soon as they realized. The 5.12.0 release has resolved the issue going forward, but unfortunately, those on versions between 5.11.6 and 5.12.0 may encounter error 10002 or 10004 when trying to update to the latest version. 

As noted in the these 10002 or 10004 articles, if you encounter this issue on versions 5.11.6, 5.11.9, 5.11.10, or 5.11.11, the best course of action is to download the latest version directly from the Zoom Downloads page and manually install the newest version of the desktop client.

Note: This issue does not affect IT deployments of the Zoom desktop client. 

If you still encounter issues, please submit a request to Zoom Support for further assistance.

This just happened to me. I downloaded the latest version from your website and it does not install. 

Me too

Fails to install for me. Mac with 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, Mac OS 13.0 (22A380). I continue to use 5.11.6 s 5.12.8 fails to install from the download page. Note: we use Kandji and I wonder if that is interfering with things. I can probably turn off Zoom control in Kandji and try again in the morning. 

I continue to use 5.11.6 as 5.12.8 fails to install...

Thank you! This fix works for me!

Per all of the responses here @Bort , we've all tried that and it's a disaster. The latest version (5.12.3) still doesn't install. I've even gone through my system and cleaned every system folder I could find that the Zoom uninstaller left behind (which was quite a few), rebooted etc and it still fails.

I have the same issue. Uninstalled, then checked all of my system files and rebooted. This latest zoom version still encounters an error on macOS Ventura with my M1 Pro machine.

same here. Used Clean My Mac. Nothing left of Zoom supposedly. New version 5.12.3 will not run.

I have Zoom 15.12 and I can't grant it full disk access in order to share my screen!

Unfortunately it's not resolved for me.  I have the latest OS and I had the latest Zoom version this morning. which did not work when I tried to join a meeting today.  I had directions from Zoom Support to de-install and re-install Zoom. Turns out I can't re-install. Now I have no Zoom and am missing crucial meetings. Please tell us when this will be resolved. 

You have to either move the downloaded Zoom installer to the Applications folder and install it from there, or enable "Installer" to access the Downloads folder. To do the latter go to:

Click Apple sign in top left of your screen, then:

System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer -> Set "Downloads folder" access to on.

Now you can install!

thank you so much! this worked for me 👍