cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Ventura 13.0

MarkGW
Attendee

Since upgrading my Mac to Ventura 13.0 yesterday, Zoom (5.11.6) crashes when I open the external contacts.  Today it is showing an upgrade available but gives Error 10004 when I try to upgrade

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I found a fix. I went into settings and give permission for installer to access my downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

View solution in original post

Hello RogerPA. Those items (us.zoom and ZoomAutoUpdater) are not listed in said location. I do not know how to add them. HOWEVER, after furthering reading, I decided to try something different. I downloaded zoominstaller, dragged it into Applications, then double-clicked it from there. Voilà! I don't understand it, but it worked.

The answer is in this thread about a dozen times, I've personally posted it a couple of times.. the problem is when the installer is in the downloads folder, just move it to your desktop and install from there or you can go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Files & Folders -> Installer and allow Downloads

146 REPLIES 146

I also found that in addition to this, I had to change setting to "Install for me only" and not "All users" which prevented even the above from working.
Shame on Zoom for not publishing a fix for this obviously common problem.

katlegochabangu
Listener

I am trying to understand how it is not supported yet. The beta version of Ventura has been available for four months now. That is the whole point of a beta. 

LC8
Attendee

Same problem here on an M1 MacBook Air, uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version doesn't work. It won't install. I get this message.

'The installation failed.

The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'

I found a fix. I went into settings and give permission for installer to access my downloads folder. The installation worked straight away after that.

Could you provide more details on this process please 

I went into settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders, then click on an arrow to the left of installer, which brings up the option to allow access to the downloads folder. This needs to be toggled on.

This worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing the info! 

Thank you! You should work for Zoom to help them. NO ONE from Zoom Support knew the solution. 

Thanks for sharing that LC8! it worked for me. Maybe Zoom should just hire you or pay you for this fix! 🙂 
Thanks again. 

Thank you.  Just to add to this - I went to the Zoom site and downloaded the correct version for my Apple Silicone Mac.  Trying to use the App to update did not work. 

Apple Silicone solution - thank you DCS-lifer

I'm experiencing the same issue, but I'm on Ventura 13.0.1, where Apple System Preferences has been radically changed. Nothing to toggle. I'M STUMPED! Clueless on how to get this Zoom application successfully downloaded. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also on 13.0.1.

Click as follows:

• Apple icon
  • Privacy & Security
  • Full Disk Access
  • Toggle us.zoom and ZoomAutoUpdater to ON

Hello RogerPA. Those items (us.zoom and ZoomAutoUpdater) are not listed in said location. I do not know how to add them. HOWEVER, after furthering reading, I decided to try something different. I downloaded zoominstaller, dragged it into Applications, then double-clicked it from there. Voilà! I don't understand it, but it worked.

Thank you for this fix!  Worked after countless other attempts.  A real saver, thanks for sharing!

^That! Drag the installer to the Applications folder and double click there! Thanks!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this!! I have tried everything, and what you suggested (dragging the zoominstaller into applications folder and then double-clicking) FINALLY worked!! so appreciated!

Thank you! This works for me!

y'all gotta start saying where you find such things, otherwise it's zero help to those who don't already know the answer. There's no installer on their homepage, and I'm tired of clicking around

Yes! I had the same problem. None of those files were visible. YOUR solution did the trick. Thanks BoxOfMoles!

Same issue and your solution worked.  Thanks so much!

This solution worked for me on my M1 MacBook running the latest version of Ventura , thanks for the tip.

Followed these directions and it still failed.  Other ideas

I don't have these options. Any ideas? I can't get a successful install on the machine, so the app is not registered in this list.

great solution and worked. thanks for sharing this LC8. both Apple and Zoom support teams and tools were not able to offer any solution. 

you save my computer! Thanks for your solution!

Thank you so much.

I struggled with this problem for a few days.

Finally, I installed it properly again. 

thanks bro it worked for me also

Yesss, this worked for me too.  I do remember I got a prompt in the beginning that asked if the app could have access to my downloads folder and I hit no thinking why would the app. need access to that, I am sure that is what a lot of the other people did as well.  This helped us fix our error in changing it back.

I don't see the Zoom Installer in the list of apps in Settings, Privacy and Security, Files and Folders. Any idea on how to get the Installer added to this list?

The installer is failing at the end with the following message (screenshot attached)

LC8 thanks a lot👍. This helped me to fix a problem I've been dealing with for 2 days on-roll

Perfect - spent too much time on getting this to work 🙂 

Thanks a lot 👍

Where are you all finding this "files and folders" thing? I went to Chrome setting > privacy and security > then 6 option, none of which is "files and folders". Help?

It's in MacOS, not Chrome. 

Apple icon > System Settings > Privacy & Security > Files and Folders > zoom. That said, on recent Zoom update, I ran into the roadblock again and couldn't get past it. I uninstalled/reinstalled Zoom and logged back in to Zoom. Works fine.

Wow, thanks so much for your quick response! OH, I thought it was Chrome settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it worked right away 🙂 Thank you for that!! 👍🏼👊🏼

I wish it updated more cleanly, but I'm seeing a lot of overreaction to this issue in this forum. There are easy workarounds right now, and other than the updating issue, I love Zoom's features and function.

I agree; Zoom is a great tool

Zoom didn't appear in "Files & Folders" on my Mac, so I couldn't toggle anything.
It was also not showing anything in Security Full Disc Access.
HOWEVER dragging the installation file to "Applications" and installing from there worked for me.
It's possible that because my "Downloads" folder is linked to Dropbox, (& iCloud) it doesn't like what is sees as a "remote" location.
Anyway, thank you RogerPA for the suggestion as it worked for me 🙂

On my Mac it's here:
Open "System Settings"
Scroll to "Privacy & Security" on the left pane of the window.
 to "Files & Folders" on the right pane of the window.
 should be listed as having Full Disc Access.

Oh my goodness, this works!!! The official Zoom support people couldn't solve this after a week and kept closing support tickets, but random guy in community forum found it! Brilliant! Thank you!!