cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac User - Cannot Request remote control

waynehazle
Listener

I am using a Mac with latest Zoom client and a paid account.  I am trying to request control from someone else on my meeting.  They are sharing their screen and I made them a co-host.  

Request control does not show under view options and when I click the new SUPPORT button, it says "Support Session is not available to the current participant.

How can I enable and use this feature

2 REPLIES 2

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi, @waynehazle Thanks for your contribution to Zoom Community.

Kindly note that you can't request remote control for iPhone devices, only Android and iPad.

The remote control feature allows you to take control of another participant's screen in a meeting when they've permitted you. You can either request remote control of another participant's screen, or the other participant can give control to you. Once given permission, you can control their mouse and keyboard and even copy text from their screen to yours. 

Could you also make sure that you have the latest Zoom Client Version?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrading-Zoom-to-the-latest-version

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

wellnessmetrix
Listener

I am having the same exact issue trying to request remote control access to either an iPad or Android device.  I have enabled all of the remote control setting in my account settings and I am do not get the option to request remote control of any device when they are screen sharing. This worked last week with no issues. Now it stopped. I am not sure what changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.