cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OSX Ventura Zoom Desktop Client. Share computer audio option greyed out

PeaceFreak
Listener

Prior to upgrading to Mac OSX Ventura I was able to share the audio on my computer (from for example, a Quicktime video) to participants in a meeting.

Now if it click on Share Screen/Advanced/Computer Audio the "Share sound" option in the bottom left corner of that window is greyed out. For all the other choices (Slides as Virtual Background, Portion of Screen, Video, Content from 2nd Camera), it is not greyed out!

Would appreciate any suggestions on how I might resolve this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PeaceFreak
Listener

The fact that the audio options being greyed out was not the problem.

It seems that Mac OSX was not registering any output audio devices. By plugging in a set of headphones into the computer, it reset the audio device list within the Mac OSX audio settings.

The headphones appeared along with the ZoomAudioDevice in the list. (The list included MacBook Air Speakers and External Headphones.)

Prior to plugging in the headphones the ZoomAudioDevice was not listed! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

PeaceFreak
Listener

The fact that the audio options being greyed out was not the problem.

It seems that Mac OSX was not registering any output audio devices. By plugging in a set of headphones into the computer, it reset the audio device list within the Mac OSX audio settings.

The headphones appeared along with the ZoomAudioDevice in the list. (The list included MacBook Air Speakers and External Headphones.)

Prior to plugging in the headphones the ZoomAudioDevice was not listed!