cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Ventura Operating System

cowilson4
Listener

Since installing Ventura my speaker on Zoom has been compromised.  I cannot hear the students in my class during zoom meetings.  Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cbhank
Listener

SOLVED. Reset the PRAM on the iMAC and then the prompts appeared. Duhhh!  I should have tried that from the beginning.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi @cowilson4 ,

Can you check the permissions on the app? ( System Settings / Privacy and Security )

On the other hand, I understand that your speakers work correctly with other applications? Spotify / Youtube / Others

Best regards,

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

cbhank
Listener

David, I'm trying to install the latest Zoom desktop client on Macos Ventura 13.3.1 and no matter what I try, I never get the microphone or camera permissions questions to come up. MS Teams works great however, and the prompts DO show up in system settings / privacy. What to do, short of having to wipe my mac clean and use an older OS?

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09.20.24.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09.20.49.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 09.22.53.png

david-vola

Hi @cbhank ,

Can you check that you have enabled the zoom micro on your computer?

• Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Privacy & Security in the sidebar. (You may have to scroll down.) ...
    Click Microphone.
    Turn microphone access on or off for each app in the list.

Best regards,

cbhank
Listener

Hi David, thank you very much for your reply.

As I showed in the screenshots I included in my post, the Zoom app never came up in those system settings asking for permission. Thus, I can't enable them!  However, MS Teams did so flawlessly ...

Mark

david-vola

Hi @cbhank ,

I find it curious, if you install other applications that need camera and microphone permissions ( apart from teams ) does it happen to you too? Another video conferencing application, be it meet, webex, chrome or some voice server, be it discord, teamspeak.

To do the test since I don't see another application in your screenshots..

Best regards,

Hmmm, webex didn't ask either, but i notice when I select the cameras the green camera active light on the iMac does briefly light up but the app can't connect to it. 

Just occurred to me im using an older iMac but with Ventura OS ... used the "OpenCore Legacy Patcher"  for installing it. Maybe need to bite the bullet and reinstall an older OS ...

Well, I downgraded my iMac Late 2014 to Big Sur, and same thing - Zoom never asks for permission to the Camera or Microphone, although both work just fine otherwise!

cbhank
Listener

SOLVED. Reset the PRAM on the iMAC and then the prompts appeared. Duhhh!  I should have tried that from the beginning.

bemmonsld
Listener

what is the PRAM?