cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low System Resources

TrudeLutt
Listener

I have trouble with Low System Resources - When I use power cable...

When I unplug the power cable and run on battery power - Zoom is working ok.

What is wrong? How can this problem be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @TrudeLutt, that's weird! Usually, it's the other way around when considering performance enhancements connected to a power cable vs. on battery power.

I don't believe this is a Zoom issue, are other applications on your device working properly? Maybe a limitation of performance by the configuration on your Device. Have you changed any of the settings previously within power management? What exactly are you experiencing when using Zoom? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @TrudeLutt 

@RN is right - this is unusual.

But nevertheless, can we run through some other troubleshooting questions also...

Is your power supplied through a docking station of some kind, in to which other peripherals are connected - or is it a direct/power only adapter cable?

Does the laptop show as charging when the power cable is connected?

Are you connecting anything else at the same time as your power connector, like external monitors or cameras?

Is the power adapter the original matched unit for your laptop? 

Is this a new problem?

Is this a Windows or Apple laptop? Windows will generally try to switch to a higher performance mode when plugged in to power. Maybe for some reason you are not getting enough power, and the machine is struggling to keep up with the requested performance.