cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Resolution Floating Speaker View Thumbnail in Version: 5.9.1 (3506)

Everett1
Listener

Ever since I updated to Version: 5.9.1 (3506) the resolution in the "floating speaker view thumbnail' has become terrible! Has anyone else noticed this? As a music instructor I share PDF files of music and then observe students fingering and technique in the floating speaker view thumbnail as they read the shared PDF of music. That has become impossible because with the new update the resolution in the floating speaker view is SO pixelated (especially when I resize it larger - and just in the floating speaker view, everything else is fine) I can no longer see my students fingers! Anyone else have this issue? I have 25 students using Zoom at the moment, but if this isn't resolved soon I will have to transition everyone to another platform!

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Everett1, as the floating speaker view thumbnail is dependent on the participants sending video, audio quality this may be on the participant's side, possibly a connection issue? Hard telling without being looked into by our Support teams. Have you tried updating your Zoom client? Or uninstalled and reinstalled?  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!