Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ability to share multiple screens

courtiol
Listener

Hi all,

I am hitting a road block...

I am using Zoom version 5.9.3.1911 for Linux (installed on Fedora 35 via Flatpak).
I used to be able to activate multiple screen share for participants but I no longer seem to be able to.

As you can see, the relevant option is just not there (although I am the host):

courtiol_0-1644342509239.png

Clicking on "Advanced sharing Options..." reveals the following:

courtiol_4-1644342883766.png

I tried to change those options but it does not solve the issue.

I did activate the screen sharing in "Security" before trying that:

courtiol_1-1644342606163.png

Also I did activate the dual monitor option:

courtiol_2-1644342682712.png

Finally, I also think that I have the right settings on the web interface that Zoom offers to change more options:

courtiol_3-1644342752912.png

I uninstalled and reinstalled zoom, but it did not change anything.

So is Zoom buggy or am I doing something wrong?

For info, I think the trouble started when I used the web interface to change the options since my participants could not share their screen while I was still sharing mine which was a limitation for my workflow (I am teaching stats, everyone needs to see everyone screen at all time).

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Raj-TiLL
Listener

Had the same problem was struglling for many months. Here is the solution . Disable Remote Support (Lock it if you must) to get it working:

RajTiLL_0-1652323766238.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Raj-TiLL
Listener

Had the same problem was struglling for many months. Here is the solution . Disable Remote Support (Lock it if you must) to get it working:

RajTiLL_0-1652323766238.png

courtiol
Listener

Thanks so much Raj-TiLL! This issue had really negatively impacted my teaching and I can confirm that this is indeed THE SOLUTION. I am very disappointed by Zoom's official support for 1) not making this clear in the settings and 2) for not answering earlier to this post.