cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ZOOM Recording on my Chromebook!

BLeo12
Listener

Hi All, 

I am in need of some help. So interesting situation. I joined our board meeting Zoom call  through my ZOOM Chromebook extension using the meeting ID and pass code provided by my boss. I did not realize I was not signed in to my account but essentially joined the call as a guest with my name. My boss then made me the host. I recorded the entire zoom meeting by hitting the record meeting button. It did not give me the option to record to computer or record to zoom cloud. All that happened when I hit record was the voice saying "System now recording" or whatever it says. So meeting happens, is coming to a close, and my boss wants to discuss some executive actions with other executives. So I stop the recording, transfer host privileges back to her, then leave the Zoom call. As soon as I did that I realized I did not get any notification about the recording being saved or downloaded and sent anywhere. WHERE COULD THIS RECORDING BE! I really need this recording to write the minutes for the meeting. Is it lost? Can it potentially be recovered? Any help at all would be great, thank you!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @BLeo12 

Chromebooks can only record to the cloud, not locally. Since you were not the host of the meeting, just given the host role, you could start a cloud recording, but that cloud recording would not be saved to your profile. It would be saved to the user who is the original host of the meeting. Check with them to see if they have the cloud recording on their Recordings page

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

janine_swansong
Listener

Hi @Bort  we have a bunch of chromebook users on my team and they are unable to download recordings of zoom meetings which they hosted. Could you advise? thanks

Bort

As I said, Chromebook users can only record to the cloud, so if they have any cloud recording, they will be found on the Recordings page of the web portal. From there, they should be able to download the recordings, unless an admin on the account has prevented them from downloading their recordings.