cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech Spotlight Presenter

Andre9
Listener

Hi. 

I have a Logitech Spotlight Presenter, which has a laser pointer, highlighter and magnifying functions. It works fine on my screen during screen sharing but the effects are not seen in participants' screens. Is it a question of settings? Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Andre9, Currently, there is no direct support/integration with Logitech presenters. This will only work if the computer recognizes the pointer as a mouse. 

As a workaround, I suggest doing a Share Screen > Desktopthen all the Logitech effects will be visible to you and your participants. If you use Zoom to share the Keynote or Powerpoint, then highlighting will not be visible to the audience. 

In order to avoid showing everything on the desktop to the audience before the presentation begins, it’s best to open Keynote/Powerpoint to the first slide and then go to Zoom and share the screen (Desktop). Once the screen is shared you can’t start the Keynote presentation by pressing Play in the Keynote window, but the remote can start the presentation.

Single-monitor setup with slide show in full screen

1. Open the PowerPoint file you want to present.
  2. Start or join a Zoom meeting.
  3. Click Share Screen  in the meeting controls.
  4. Select your monitor/desktop then click Share
  5. While sharing your screen, switch PowerPoint to slide show mode by clicking the Slide Show tab > From Beginning or From Current Slide.

You can look more into https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-sharing-a-PowerPoint-presentation 

I hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Andre9, Currently, there is no direct support/integration with Logitech presenters. This will only work if the computer recognizes the pointer as a mouse. 

As a workaround, I suggest doing a Share Screen > Desktopthen all the Logitech effects will be visible to you and your participants. If you use Zoom to share the Keynote or Powerpoint, then highlighting will not be visible to the audience. 

In order to avoid showing everything on the desktop to the audience before the presentation begins, it’s best to open Keynote/Powerpoint to the first slide and then go to Zoom and share the screen (Desktop). Once the screen is shared you can’t start the Keynote presentation by pressing Play in the Keynote window, but the remote can start the presentation.

Single-monitor setup with slide show in full screen

1. Open the PowerPoint file you want to present.
  2. Start or join a Zoom meeting.
  3. Click Share Screen  in the meeting controls.
  4. Select your monitor/desktop then click Share
  5. While sharing your screen, switch PowerPoint to slide show mode by clicking the Slide Show tab > From Beginning or From Current Slide.

You can look more into https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203395347-Screen-sharing-a-PowerPoint-presentation 

I hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

vsummer
Listener

Any update/info whether zoom or spotlight is working on this?

NawngHkio
Listener

Any progress about Logi's Spotlight working on Zoom? If yes, please share!