cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logitech C920 microphone not working (Windows 11)

sam19
Listener

I just purchased a Logitech C920 webcam to use with an external monitor for my Windows 11 laptop. The video works great, but the microphone isn't working. Zoom detects the webcam microphone and will use it as its audio source, but the result is silent. This is true both using the Test Microphone function in Settings as well as in a meeting. The webcam microphone works fine with the Windows Sound Recorder app, so it's not a hardware issue. Any suggestions for how to make it work in Zoom?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @sam19,

I've got a Logitech 922 - similar, but slightly different - and it works fine with Windows 10.

I've seen a lot of issues with Windows 11 audio.  Check out this Community post to see if that helps... if they don't work for you, please search here for "Windows 11 sound audio" or variations and see if you can find something specific to your setup.

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Windows-11-Sound-issue-Zoom-5-11-1/m-p/66181

Another thing I'd check is the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"... mine is checked, and everything works fine, but if you have anything in the background that might be grabbing the mic, unchecking this might help:

Ray_Harwood_0-1667487199529.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi sam19,

i used to have a c920 and now have a logitech brio.  both worked fine with win 11 and zoom.  please check the microphone volume setting.  i have mine set to automatically adjust microphone volume.  please see attached screenshot.

thanks,  eliot