cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login problem " We detected an unusual sign-in from a device or location you don't usually use."

ECSBC
Attendee

We are a small non-profit with a Zoom Pro account that we share amongst different people.  That is, we have a number of different meetings all owned by the same Zoom account, but  different people run them and all those people have a need to log into Zoom using our one Zoom Pro account in order to run the meeting as Host..    Let's say that the one Zoom account is "***********" and note that one person only can log into that email.

Today, for the first time, someone got the message, "We detected an unusual sign-in from a device or location you don't usually use. If this was you, enter the code below to sign in to Zoom"  and, of course, Zoom sent the code to *********** but the person running the meeting was not the person who has access to the email!

You see the problem.  How can we turn off that security email?  I am aware that if we enable 2 Factor Authentication the verification email will not be used - but I don't think that solves our problem because each of the people who might need to run the meeting has to have access to that same 2FA SMS phone number or authenticator - so 2FA isn't going to work either.

We want to turn off that security email.  How can we do it?  This is a big issue for use as you can imagine.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Good question, we already asked and they don't want to say for security reasons. 

Alex

zoom@pft

View solution in original post

ECSBC
Attendee

The workaround that I described in my post from ‎2022-05-09 12:42 PM works.  We had the situation where a login triggered the security check and the that email from Zoom was detected by my gmail rule and sent to all of our Zoom administrators via a group distribution list I created called zoom-authenticators@......   You can see this in screen shot I attached

NSCT
Listener

This is an old thread, but I just found out that zoom now allows us to disable the one time passcode. It's described here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058046

Has anyone done this? If so how is it working? 

53 REPLIES 53

bkulback
Listener

We're seeing the same issue and it seems to have started at midnight today (2022-06-01). We have many accounts and some are shared by our 24x7 operations team for our hotline. The hotline was unable to log in or access the code as it is tied to a private admin mailbox.

As with most companies these days, our staff sharing the hotline are geographically disperse and staff changes often. It would not be uncommon for a login on the US East Coast to be followed an hour later by a login on the US West Cost. Obviously impossible travel, but required for our business.  Zoom, please disable this or tell us how to.

Rockfeller_2022
Listener

Como usuários que pagam os serviços termos que ficar nos desviando de regras que o Zoom cria simplesmente para dificultar a utilização, minha empresa tem 5 licenças Zoom para que os colaboradores que estão em HomeOffice utilizem de acordo com suas agendas, e agora sempre que cada um vai efetuar o login necessita que o administrador das contas valide o código recebido por email, com colaboradores remotos isso é inviável!! Concordo que o Zoom controle logins simultâneos, mas não "onde" o login está sendo efetuado, quer fazer isso, então faça igual outros serviços, apenas sinalize o administrador do login, mas não bloqueie a utilização.

além de tudo isso o email com o código muitas vezes demora a chegar, causando impacto nas agendas de compromissos com os clientes, novamente inaceitável o posicionamento do zoom, vamos homologar outros serviços de videoconferência, sinto muito zoom, pode ser um bom serviço, mas precisa ser solução não um problema mas as empresas que contratam seu serviço.

ECSBC
Attendee

The workaround that I described in my post from ‎2022-05-09 12:42 PM works.  We had the situation where a login triggered the security check and the that email from Zoom was detected by my gmail rule and sent to all of our Zoom administrators via a group distribution list I created called zoom-authenticators@......   You can see this in screen shot I attached

Michigan
Listener

For what I can see, Security is just an excuse but to push more licenses. I think as a user, we should have those choices. In then end, if we don't care about the security, why should they care?  There are many options out there, I think if they push too hard, it is double edge saw.

Zoom-User
Listener

We have a very similar situation.

Anitakirby
Listener

We also have similar situation. In addition, after the new device has signed in using the Zoom-sent code, Zoom continues to NOT recognize the device at its next sign in.  Is anyone having that problem too?

naitrEnsemble
Listener

Seems like this is a common situation. The solution suggested by ECSBC seems like a good one. So when someone from the team says they'd like to use the Zoom account, I just need to add them to my email rule so that any emails from Zoom are forwarded automatically to them. I once had a panic when trying to run a meeting in a different time zone, so the person who received the code wasn't even awake!

Yes, naitrEnsemble.  We've been using this for almost a year now, and it works perfectly as long as you tell your people to look for that email and also that it might take a couple of minutes to get to them. 

biababa
Listener

I have problem signing in.  System says there was security issue it will send me a code.  after sending a code i copy it and put it on the zoom request and it wont give me option to verify

i tried it many times. 

i dont know how to post my question here !!!

Hi biababa, I don't understand what you mean when you say you "copy it and put it on the zoom request and it wont give me option to verify."  Putting it in the zoom request is verifying it.  Please send screenshots.

David

GlendaHC
Listener

please tell me how I can sign into the meeting

I don't understand what you're asking.  

NSCT
Listener

This is an old thread, but I just found out that zoom now allows us to disable the one time passcode. It's described here:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0058046

Has anyone done this? If so how is it working? 

@NSCT  THANK YOU!! This should fix the issue.  I just now changed the setting, but I won't know for months if it solves the problem since we don't have this issue all the time.