cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to Zoom on a phone

dot-to-dot
Listener

When I log into Zoom on my phone, it requires a verification code that is sent to my email. Getting the code means I have to minimize that tab and switch over to email. Supposedly the code is valid for 10 minutes, but Zoom starts counting down from 1 minute to zero. When I enter the code, Zoom rejects it as invalid. So I have to start over. Last time I needed to attend a meeting using my phone, it took 3 attempts to log in, and I was late for the meeting.  Does anyone have a solution?  Customer support doesn't seem interested in direct contacts....

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Are ups logging into Zoom on your phone through the website, or through the Zoom app?

With your free Zoom account, you can stayed signed into the Zoom mobile app.

I hope that helps!

Craig

When I log into Zoom on my phone, it requires a verification code that is sent to my email. Getting the code means I have to minimize that tab and switch over to email. Supposedly the code is valid for 10 minutes, but Zoom starts counting down from 1 minute to zero. When I enter the code, Zoom rejects it as invalid. So I have to start over. Last time I needed to attend a meeting using my phone, it took 3 attempts to log in, and I was late for the meeting. Does anyone have a solution? 

I'm logging in via the app. I don't know that staying logged in forever is the answer -- I'm logged out automatically when I restart my phone or when it updates. I think the problem is on Zoom's end - it is rejecting valid codes that are entered in less than 10 minutes.

FORE-Craig

I understand how that would be annoying. You can submit a support request at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Craig

Thank you -- I couldn't find a way to do that before. I've submitted a request.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! 😊 

Craig