cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked screen

AnneOBrien
Listener

I am both a leader and a participant in zoom meetings.  I am using a laptop computer for zooming.  In either roll my screen shows only a gray background with a little locked symbol.  I've tried to follow all of the suggested solutions with no luck.  I am able to participate with audio, but no video.  Please!  Can someone tell me what to do to unlock my video?  Thank you so much!!  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

louiseV
Listener

i figured out how to fix this.....I pressed  the F8 button on my  keyboard!! 😂 cant believe that was what was wrong with it, after hours of agony.  i pressed one button and it was sorted!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

louiseV
Listener

Hi Ann - i am getting the same problem.  did you manage to resolve this?

louiseV
Listener

Hi  I am using a laptop computer for zooming. 

My  screen shows only a gray background with a little locked symbol.  I've tried to follow all of the suggested solutions with no luck.  I am able to participate with audio, but no video.  would really appreciate if  someone tell me what to do to unlock my video?  

look forward to hearing from someone 🙂 

louiseV
Listener

i figured out how to fix this.....I pressed  the F8 button on my  keyboard!! 😂 cant believe that was what was wrong with it, after hours of agony.  i pressed one button and it was sorted!

This fixed mine!!! Thank you so much. After all the trouble shooting and settings toggling, THIS fixed my issues! Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

I have been messing with my camera for hours!  I finally come across this page, and see your amazing post! And it worked!! The problem now is my camera is blurry!  I don't know what I did... Uh. But thank you! 

That's what's up!!! thanks, it worked!

thank you! thank you! thank you!! this was extremely helpful and solved my problem immediately 

Thanks for sharing your solution. I had a similar problem and fixed it just by pressing F8! Thank you!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I've spent so many hours (which I will never get back :=) on trying to troubleshoot this.  And now its fixed with the press of one button  Wonderful!

Not Unlock My in Camera not worked your idea 

Not worked your idea but the Zoom Camera is Lock Screen Commeing

Wow! Thank you 

I thought the host of my last meeting blocked me because I was eating. Thank you. Thank you 

hi

THANK YOU!!! That was it! I have tried everything I could find!

I am having the same issue on a Lenovo T14.  F8 did not fix the problem but rather put my computer into airplane mode.  (The F8 key also has an airplane icon on the key).  What action is the F8 key mapped to?  Are there other suggestions on how to address is issue.  The problem does not occur for all my Zoom meetings but does occur about 30% of the time.

You are a GENIUS!!! Thank you so much!! I tried everything possible and nothing worked, but F8 worked!!! - it turns out F8 is a shortcut to block the camera on the laptop, I observed the icon on the top of the button and it does have a camera crossed out - Gosh! 

Thank you again!!

I tried to fix my "no video" problem for 2 hours, then finally found your solution. Thank you, thank you!! You are a lifesaver! 

Worked like a charm!!! F8 is my new best friend !!!!!

Thank you so much. It worked

Irish1231
Listener

Hitting the F8 button did NOT resolve my issue. Any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Coleen

see if your computer has an update that needs to be installed that is causing your camera to no longer operate correctly. 

I agree!  F8 is more of a toggle for bluetooth connectivity. Still haven't solved the locked camera icon.

wwyates
Listener

I had the same issue.  The F8 key fixed it.