cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local recording has a very low resolution (640x630)

Fran_C
Listener

Hello to the whole community. I have a Pro license. I have made my first recording locally and the file has a very low resolution (640x360). I have not found in the configuration options where to increase this resolution. Help! Thanks for the answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Fran_C 

Unfortunately, there is no setting that directly controls the resolution of the recording. The resolution of the video is determined by a few factors, such as Account type, HD setting in the client, webcam capabilities, computer hardware, network connection, and others. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Fran_C 

Pro license alone does give access to HD. This is a separate request to Zoom. 

You could bump your Meeting to 720p by adding a collaboration device like a Facebook Portal or Echo Show to your meeting. 

Rupert

Thanks Rupert but I can't solve the problem. I explain myself better.
I use a Logitech 922 (Full HD) camera and I have the HD option activated in video settings. I see my screen during the HD session but the video for the local recording is 640x360 video and I don't see any option to control the resolution of the recording.
Thanks.

Bort

Hi @Fran_C 

Unfortunately, there is no setting that directly controls the resolution of the recording. The resolution of the video is determined by a few factors, such as Account type, HD setting in the client, webcam capabilities, computer hardware, network connection, and others. 

Thanks Bort. It is very surprising that among so many configuration options there is no way to control a local recording.
Hope Zoom changes in future releases.

@Fran_C ever find a way to record at higher quality?