cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestream interpreted version to Youtube

Aslak10
Listener

Hello 

We are streaming a meeting with interpretators to Youtube. Is it possible to chose which translation you stream to Youtube? And how is this done?

Best regards 

Aslak 

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Aslak10 you should look into the dev forum discussion on live-streaming languages when using interpretation and looking into the suggested workaround! 

Yup Collin, this is definitely an issue, but there is a workaround. What I do to send my interpretation to Facebook live, Youtube, etc is to capture the interpretation (on a second computer) using OBS. Then you can use a restreaming service (e.g. restream.io 166, etc.) to restream from OBS to Facebook Live, Youtube, etc. That way Facebook, youtube, etc. will show the intended language on the live transmission instead of the floor language. It’s a little bit more work but it is possible.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

srbh41413
Listener

RN - I'm curious about the need for 2nd computer. Would it not be possible for the one listening to Zoom and the desired language to have OBS capture that sound & picture and sent it out to the livestream? (either single or restream to multiple)

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @srbh41413 you could also go that route. I haven't tested, but this YT resource on "NEW! How to Connect OBS & Zoom w/ new Audio Routing Plugin", ~5:30 and demonstrates connection OBS to Zoom may help your case scenario 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!