cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live transcription in Spanish

fedefalk
Listener

Hi. Good Morning!

When will Zoom add the Spanish language to the Live Transcript? It is currently only available in English.

Thanks,

Best Regards.

19 REPLIES 19

Kaifali
Listener
  • Yes I will have to come in 

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @fedefalk 

We have no official ETA for live transcription in other languages, but we are working on it. 

Any update on when Zoom will be able to do live transcription in Spanish?

No, Zoom didn't tell me anything yet.

Hi any updates when the live caption in Spanish will be available?

It's been a few months. I was wondering if there was any update regarding live transcriptions in Spanish. Any progress on this?

Bort

@1B1 @fedefalk @MandyReyes There is still no official ETA for when live transcription for Spanish, or any other languages, will be available, but progress is being made. 

@Bort , is English the only supported language for live transcription in all version (plans) of Zoom? Various support articles say otherwise, e.g. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8158289360141

Bort

Hi @ar283 

You are correct, since my initial response back in February, Zoom has launched other languages for live transcription, as noted in your article above.

Hi @ar283 ,

I didn't know Zoom added the languages. I tried it and it doesn't give me the option to change the language. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks and Regards.

Bort

Hi @fedefalk 

The person speaking the other language would need to change their speaking language on their end. This tells Zoom what language to expect coming in to the system and provide transcription in that language. This article explains how to do this: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6643177746829-Viewing-captions-in-another-language

Hiya @Bort . That article is about translated captions, not automated captions.

The following article describes how an account owner/admin can specify which captioning languages are available, but it requires an edit button which is not there in my web settings under the automated captions toggle:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/8158289360141

Can you explain?

Should everyone be able to select captioning languages, including free account owners, on both Mac and Windows versions?

Bort

Hi @aynar 

The article I provided is indeed primarily focused on translated captions, but the steps for choosing your speaking language apply to both translated captions and automated captions in meetings. 

As for the missing edit icon in your web settings, can you share a screenshot of what that looks like on your account? Are you viewing this setting at the Account level, Group level, or your personal settings? 

daspiel
Listener

shocking that this hasn't already been done.

Yes, it is strange that Zoom is the only platform that hasn't yet included the Spanish language in the captions.

KruAlex
Listener

Any news about adding new languages? Please add Spanish to the live transcription. It will help a lot to my students. That would make my classes a lot efficient. 

As @Bort  said, they don't have a date yet to add the Spanish language.

Any time planned to have the text transcript from a meeting in Spanish?  

fedefalk
Listener

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that Zoom already automatically translates Live Transcript.

Thanks,
Regards.