cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live stream background sound in Zoom meeting?

neellb
Listener

Hi, 

I'm looking to live stream some background sound in a Zoom meeting. It has to be via phone, and I'm planning on connecting it to a lavalier microphone. 
I found this article on sharing background sound, but it seems like this only applies for computers and not phones? https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063608

Anybody with suggestions on how to share background sound in a Zoom meeting via phone? 

EDIT: I want to live stream the surrounding sound from a demonstration. And last time I tried, Zoom blocked the background sound. It is an outdoor march, so I wouldn't have access to anything else than the phone. 

3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for the tip. Though, to clarify: I want to live stream the surrounding sound from a demonstration. And last time I tried, Zoom blocked the background sound. It is an outdoor march, so I wouldn't have access to an audio mixer. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Please give a fuller explanation of what you are trying to achieve and the circumstances surrounding the issue.

Regards 

Hi, I'm not sure what details you are looking for. As said, I need to live stream audio in a Zoom meeting. The sound is outdoor background sound that is normally filtered in standard Zoom audio settings. I need to do this with my phone - and without computer or an audio mixer or the like. Let me know what you want to have clarified if this can help. Thanks