cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Transcription transcribing wrong language

sophiaperring
Listener

Hi, I'm trying to host a session in french with live transcriptions. I have them on and working in English, but even when I speak French they still try to find English words. How can I switch the languages? I've already switched my zoom app language...

7 REPLIES 7

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Translation transcription is not available at this point.  You can assign a person for Language translation (audio) or get a person to write closed captions in French.  

Is this still the case? I am  looking  for a transcript in German. 

Is this somehow possible? Many thanks in advance.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @WolfgangO_Sbg 

Zoom is rolling out live transcription support for other languages this month, so you will be able to generate captions directly auf Deutsch!

Check your web settings for Automated captions and see if you have the other languages available for your account. 

Hi Bort

I have the same question. LOVE the transcription, but some meetings are conducted in Spanish. How do I change the transcription language: I looked throughout settings and didn't find it - see below.

Is it based on room # ? Host ?

Thanks

Ram

ramfish_0-1661282664724.png

Bort

Hi @ramfish 

The ability to switch languages is based on the meeting host's setting. If they do not have the other languages listed below that setting shown in your screenshot, then the automated captions support for other languages has not rolled out to their account yet. The full rollout should be complete by the end of the month, so I would check again after this weekend. 

Thanks for your reply. Will check it out and see if it works for me. 👍

Hi Denise,

Do you know of any general live transcription services? This is for my personal use when I attend meetings for professional development and sometimes I don't want to notify all participants that I'm transcribing a meeting. 

Thanks,

Grace