cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Stream

Mikirinne
Listener

Hello,

I am a language teacher and I am planning to organise 'a webinar-style' and a 'live stream' as well.
The reason I said 'style' is my subscription plan will be 'pro', not 'video webinars'
I will pin (spotlight?) myself and mute all students' audio. ( ← Q1. I can call this 'a webinar', right...?)

When I want my students to answer the questions, some people need time to think longer. If it is a webinar, they need to listen to the answer before they figure it out. If they will attend a live stream, they can pause to think and play again when they are ready to know the answer. (Q2. Seeing live stream on zoom platform, is there a play button like Youtube so that they can pause?)
So I am considering to organise a webinar and a live stream at once so that students can select which suit them well.
(Q3. Do you think this is a good idea?)

Q4. I know I can embed a meeting but am I also able to embed a live stream too?

It will be appreciated if you kindly let me know your opinion or advice.
Thank you very much,

Miki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
  1. It's still not an official Zoom Webinar, but you can call it what you'd like to your participants. 
  2. You might be able to pause the viewing of the live stream on the service you are viewing from, but that is dependent on that service, such as Youtube, Facebook, etc. You cannot pause a live stream on the Zoom side, just end it entirely. 
  3. It's a very accessible plan, but be sure that your computer is connected to a very good internet connection.
  4. You might be able to embed the live stream, but that will be more complicated and outside of Zoom. I am fairly sure its possible with live streaming to Youtube, but will require you to create a custom live stream so that you have the link beforehand to embed in your web page. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
  1. It's still not an official Zoom Webinar, but you can call it what you'd like to your participants. 
  2. You might be able to pause the viewing of the live stream on the service you are viewing from, but that is dependent on that service, such as Youtube, Facebook, etc. You cannot pause a live stream on the Zoom side, just end it entirely. 
  3. It's a very accessible plan, but be sure that your computer is connected to a very good internet connection.
  4. You might be able to embed the live stream, but that will be more complicated and outside of Zoom. I am fairly sure its possible with live streaming to Youtube, but will require you to create a custom live stream so that you have the link beforehand to embed in your web page. 

Live 

Mikirinne
Listener

Thank you very much Bort, it is much appreciated.

Miki

jackieeeeee
Listener

Hey, i am new and currently learning website designing. I have a apks website and i was thinking of embedding zoom in it somehow as a part of support. So, incase someone face any problem in downloading or using it i can do a zoom session and solve the issue for them. Like for example this is the powerdirector editor apk and if someone face any issue in anything he/she can easily report and i will be able to help them. Is it possible to embed it like that?
Thanks in advance!