cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listener room acoustic correction

StantonA
Listener

With the shift to home working and the use of Zoom and other video conferencing apps, sometimes the sound quality of a speaker is poor due to their room acoustics.  Issues might include reverberation and frequency reinforcement.  This is aside from the obvious echo and background noise issues which are already mitigates to an extent.

Reverberation is particularly an issue and can make speech indistinct - even with the best speakers and amplification.   Where a user already struggles with hearing, reverberation and booming frequencies in some users’ rooms can make speech very difficult to hear clearly.  At best it’s distracting.  At worst it’s unintelligible - especially when we have national accents added to the mix (I’m not expecting a solution for this).

I control my own sound quality with a quality microphone designed for near field voice applications.  But, I cannot control other participants’ choices.  Many are not aware of how they sound and only have access to poor microphones embedded in their devices.

I don’t know how feasible this is for Zoom or whether any plugins exist, but, I’ve been searching to see if there is a ‘reverb cancellation’ app.  I can’t seem to find one.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 REPLIES 0