cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List names in audio recording transcript

Medprofesh007
Listener

When reviewing the audio transcript closed caption .VTT file, I noticed there are no names listed in the transcript. Is there a way to enable or list the named for the closed caption transcript for Pro accounts? 

4 REPLIES 4

RickZoom
Listener

I agree the names should be saved along with the timestamp for each comment a speaker makes. The option to save the full transcript is a bit misleading as the .vtt file save process appears to strip off the speakers name but leaves the timestamp. Strange they would go through that effort....

LindaW1
Listener

Before they moved to use "captions" instead of "transcript" for the transcript it DID save the speakers' names or, at a minimum, it identified speakers by number.  Without the speakers' number or name (which is available on the gallery screen - why can't the system pick that up?) the transcript is significantly harder to use, especially for long meetings. Since taking notes means I can't focus on the meeting, I am forced to rewatch an entire meeting to be able to identify who said what. UGH! Please, get this fixed!

LindaW1
Listener

It's the weirdest thing - if you Save the Transcript (before the end of the meeting), and then at the end,  view it in a folder - save that version of the transcript to your computer.  Surprise - that version has the NAMES and timestamps. Only the version that comes when the video is finished processing comes without the speaker's names, only the speaker numbers.  How or why it is this way is above my pay grade. but it has worked for me - an extra few irritating steps.

jwilliams
Listener

@LindaW1 Thanks, Saving the Transcript before the meeting ends worked for us. I'm worried the moderator may forget to save the transcript, so now I'm looking for a way to autosave the transcript just before the meeting ends.