cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link for meeting

srich
Listener

I have a basic account and have a meeting already scheduled for August 11th. If I upgrade to a paid account before august 11th, will the zoom link for my meeting change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
  1. Meetings on a paid account do technically have a limit (30 hours), but the overwhelming majority of users do not get near that limit.
  2. If you cancel your subscription, you essentially stop the auto-renewal of your paid account. That means that you have the paid account until the month you paid for is complete. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @srich 

Meeting details, such as the ID, passcode, and join link will be unaffected by an upgrade to Pro.

Just be sure the license is assigned correctly, and you've done a quick sign-out/sign-in on the desktop client, as we want to ensure the client is aware of your upgraded account status. This is unrelated to the meeting ID and link remaining the same, I just want to ensure you meeting is not restricted after upgrading to Pro. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you!  How do I check that the license is assigned correctly?

Bort

Easiest way is to go to your Profile page and check what your meeting capacity is, found under the Account section. 

If that doesn't match what you purchased, you will need to to the Users page and assign that add-on. More info about assigning licenses and add-ons can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-license

Thank you!  Two more questions: with a Paid Pro account (paying monthly), is there a time limit on the meetings?  If I need to cancel the account, can I assume that they will stop billing me once I cancel?

Bort
  1. Meetings on a paid account do technically have a limit (30 hours), but the overwhelming majority of users do not get near that limit.
  2. If you cancel your subscription, you essentially stop the auto-renewal of your paid account. That means that you have the paid account until the month you paid for is complete. 

Perfect - our meeting won't be anywhere close to 30 hours 🙂

I really appreciate your help and quick responses!