cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit polling to specific participants

SandyB
Listener

I am planning to host a meeting for an organization, but the meeting will be open to the public.  We need to take a poll during the meeting, but only allow members of the organization to vote in the poll.  Non-members may attend the meeting but we do not want them to vote in the poll.  How can this be accomplished?  Is there a way to register participants as members/non-members of the organization and then limit polling only to members?  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @SandyB 

Unfortunately, any launched poll will be available to everyone attending the session.

I'd suggest instead live streaming the meeting to YT or FB, where the public can continue to view, and keep the meeting for organization members only. 

The same issues exists with non livestreamed meetings. We have a meeting that is private and there is a subset of members who can and cannot vote. I would like to also lift up this request and ask if Zoom administration will still consider adding this feature.

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Best work around I can think of here is to move the people you don't  want to participate in the poll back to the waiting room or to a breakout room.  They won't be able to see a poll in either place.  If you use a breakout room, just make sure you don't allow folks to come back into the main room until you have completed the poll.

Once the poll is completed, you can either close your breakout room, or re-admit everyone from the waiting room, bringing back in the people who couldn't vote in your poll.

T_Brown
Listener

Thank you for your message. I saw that workaround previously mentioned and find it to be inefficient. Zoom pushes some major and really helpful updates on a regular basis. I’m sure they can figure out a way to mark people non voting or to allow only those who were registered in advance to vote and guests. It to. Something. I’m not looking for an inefficient work around. I’m asking for a helpful change to the functionality.