cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing for setting up meetings on behalf of others

masa
Listener

I know that a single license does not allow simultaneous meetings, but if not simultaneous, is there a licensing problem if a user who has the license sets up meetings on behalf of other requesters and the user themselve does not attend?
For example, it would be common for a secretary to set up meetings on behalf of other employees, but I don't think it's a good idea to use the API to do this (setting up meetings on behalf with 1 license) on a regular basis to save licenses.  Is this some kind of gentleman's agreement?  Or are the terms and conditions explicitly prohibiting this kind of operation?

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @masa 

You can schedule as many meetings as you'd like, regardless of if you attend them yourself, but each user is limited to how many of their meetings can be run at once. 
So, if I schedule 2 meetings for 10am tomorrow, only one of those meetings will be able to run, even if I don't attend either meeting. This is because those IDs are both tied to my profile and users can generally only run 1 meeting at a time. 

For higher account types, you can actually run more meetings per user, but those are much larger and more expensive accounts. 

As for your secretary situation, yes, often one user will schedule meetings for many others, but they utilize our Scheduling Privilege feature, which allows you to schedule on behalf of other users. Meetings scheduled this way belong to the user you scheduled for, not the person who scheduled them. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you, Bort.
I checked the Scheduling Privilege feature page. I thought that using a licensed user account with the API to set up a meeting on behalf of "someone who does not have a license" is against the rules.  Is this correct?