cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensed User Admin Issues

LynAuthor
Listener

I have one licensed user besides myself on our non-profit (not legally) writers workshops. I have made a recurring meeting that I use for every workshop I lead. Our licensed user also needs to use this link but she doesn't seem to be able to access it. I have made her an admin. She tells me she can create her own link but she cannot access mine. This is inconvenient for all our participants because we'd like to have only one link for them to save and use. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Lyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @LynAuthor, yes you can edit your existing meetings. Visit https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming and select the meeting you wish to edit. Scroll down and select 'Show' under Options. From here you should see an 'Alternative Hosts' field. 👍

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tobyfromrea

Hi @LynAuthor, do you mean you are the meeting host and you would like this other user to run the meeting from time to time? If so, have you been able to set this user as the Alternative Host?
You can find more info about this feature here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host
If this was helpful, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button below! 🙌 

Hi Tobromrea. Yes, I am the host and have set a recurring meeting link. I have one other licensed user who doesn't seem to be able to access my meeting/link when she goes into zoom via the website. (When she tries to click on the link I've sent, it interferes with her own personal zoom account.) I tried your suggestion re Alternative Host. The article doesn't make sense to me. It says to log into zoom then click on Schedule icon. I don't have an icon, just the word. I click on the word but doesn't bring up what the article says it will bring up. So I am confused.

tobyfromrea

Hey @LynAuthor, if the other user is still signed in with their personal account, it would be best for them to log out and use the account you set up for them. In regards to the instructions, it displays Windows app instructions by default. If using the web experience, scroll down and expand the section titled 'Web'.
Out of interest, are you scheduling meetings within the app or via the Zoom website?

I schedule through the desktop website. The other licensed user knows to enter through the organizational account. 

I have found the drop down in the article that explains how to add alternative host. Now I can do that. However, it's not clear to me how to add an alternative host to an existing meeting. I'm wondering if I have to created a new recurring meeting link in order to add her as host, or if there's a way to add to an existing meeting. Thanks.

tobyfromrea

Hey @LynAuthor, yes you can edit your existing meetings. Visit https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming and select the meeting you wish to edit. Scroll down and select 'Show' under Options. From here you should see an 'Alternative Hosts' field. 👍

Thank you! I still have to check to see if my other licensed user can now access the meeting but I think she can, based on what you suggested. I made her alternative host by editing the current meeting. You have been very helpful!