cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of meeting

Johanna_Acs
Listener

Hi,

I have the Pro version of Zoom, so I am able to have meetings lasting longer than 40 minutes.

What happens if I make an outside person the host of a meeting I scheduled, but they only have the free version of Zoom? Will the meeting then end after 40 minutes? Or is it running more than 40 minutes, because I scheduled the meeting with my account?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Johanna_Acs 

The meeting duration is determined by the original host of the meeting, not any participant that was temporarily passed host controls. 

When a meeting is started, our system checks that meeting ID for the host, and then checks the host's account for time duration, default settings, and other add-ons, such as increasing the maximum capacity. That meeting session then continues on with parameters until the meeting is ended, regardless of who had host controls in the meeting.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

Hi @Johanna_Acs 

The meeting duration is determined by the original host of the meeting, not any participant that was temporarily passed host controls. 

When a meeting is started, our system checks that meeting ID for the host, and then checks the host's account for time duration, default settings, and other add-ons, such as increasing the maximum capacity. That meeting session then continues on with parameters until the meeting is ended, regardless of who had host controls in the meeting.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

What is the restriction on time duration with Zoom 1 Pro account?

Bort

If the host/scheduler of the meeting is a licensed user on a Pro account, then their meetings can last up to 30 hours. You can read more here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Time-limits-for-Zoom-Meetings

Thanks so much. I will spread the word to zoom host when their meetings cut off early. I was not sure. I am encouraging free users to go PRO.

I paid the fee for a licensed Pro One account. I have only one zoom account and am the only user on my account. Yesterday I hosted a meeting and zoom terminated it after 40 minutes.

Have you been able to get an answer to your question yet??

The link you refer to is NOT crystal clear about the available length of each account "........All group meetings scheduled and hosted by Basic (free) users, on Free and Paid accounts, are limited to 40 minutes, regardless of number of participants in attendance"

Johanna_Acs
Listener

Hi @Bort

Thank you so much for your help! 

thewrightway196
Listener

this happened to me too. it terminated after 40 min and I have zoom pro