cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lavalier Mic set with a USB-C transmitter

Joe_O
Listener

So I bought a Lavalier Mic set with a USB-C transmitter to use with my Samsung M33 Android 13 phone. Only to find out that the only App on my phone that refuses to use them is Zoom.

I've tried the built-in voice notes, the built-in camera app and Discord for Android and they all use the mics just fine. Yet Zoom defaults back to either the built-in mic and speaker combo or to a Bluetooth headset if I have mine connected.

Has anyone found a way to make Zoom use an OTG USB-C mic at all? I've seen older posts on this with no luck or updates, I was wondering if anyone finally fixed the issue.

It also doesn't seem to like the shotgun mic I use in the 3.5mm plug either, again that works fine in the other apps but not in the Zoom app on Android.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Jameswalter
Participant

Wireless lavalier microphones can utilize the transmitter (mic) to be worn on the collar for use, or the transmitter can be connected to an external microphone using a 3.5mm audio cable

Greetings,
James

Helm
Listener

Any way to connect it directely ? there is no more audio cable/input in the new Smartphones...