cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launched polls not visible to participants

Xavier_GTX
Listener

When I launch polls or quizzes, my student participants are unable to see the polls or quizzes on their end.  From my end, I've enabled polling and advanced polling for my account under Settings > Meeting > Basic > Meeting Polls/Quizzes > toggle Enable.  This has happened multiple times and it's happened in two different zoom classrooms.  I'm on Zoom Version 5.9.3 currently.   When I test it with my computer (host) and phone (participant), I can see the quiz on the phone as a participant.  

Do my student participants need to all have something enabled as well?  Is there a conflicting setting that prevents polling or quizzing?  

I've scoured zoom help pages and they all say the same thing (enable it in Meetings Polls/Quizzes).  I'm not sure what I'm missing.  I'm probably just forgetting something obvious, so if this is already answered somewhere, please point me in the right direction.  If you have questions for me, I'm happy to provide some info.  

8 REPLIES 8

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi, @Xavier_GTX  Thanks for your contribution to Zoom support.

If you could see it from your phone as a participant, surely anyone can see it. I could recommend asking the students to upgrade their Zoom applications on the phone, and kindly note this is the minimum requirement.

• Zoom desktop client
    • Windows: version 5.5.0 or higher
    • macOS: version 5.5.0 or higher
    • Linux: version 5.5.0 or higher
  • Zoom mobile app*
    • Android: version 5.5.0 or higher
    • iOS: version 5.5.0 or higher
  • Zoom web client 
  • The meeting must be either a scheduled meeting or an instant meeting using your Meeting ID

*Note: Users on the iOS or Android mobile app can participate in polling, but hosts need to be using the desktop client to manage to poll.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

Thank you Shaimaa for the reply!

I tried to launch a poll today and it still didn't work. I showed the participants where to verify their Zoom version and they all showed me that their version is 5.8.1 . I agree, it should work, but still didn't. Do you have any other suggestions or things I could be missing? Here's one thought, since I am on zoom 5.9.3 and my students are on zoom 5.8.1, would that cause conflict or issue for the students to not see my launched quizzes or polls? 

I am having the same issue. Some students could see it but most could not. 

This issue is still active. We had the same issue for a meeting with our board of directors in my organization. Some of the directors did not receive the poll we sent out mid-meeting. It's obvious that simply updating Zoom did not solve this issue. As Xavier_GTX asked almost a year ago but did not receive an answer to: is there a conflict in the settings we should know about?

What advice does Zoom have to combat this issue?

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@brockmjr I'm sorry to hear that this continues to be a problem. It may have to do with whether the poll was setup as a standard poll or an advanced poll. (edited to correct version number) Advanced polls do require the current Zoom Global minimum version or higher. Meeting participants using an older version will not be able to view advanced polls. To prevent this in the future, you may use standard polls instead of advanced polls.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for your response!

I'll update the forum after our next meeting if it remains an issue, but it seems we've discovered the problem. Two of the board members used a browser, and saw 5 out of 7 standard polls. We'll make sure they move to the app, and triple-check that everyone is up to date.

Thanks again for the help!

jlcallahan
Listener

Only half my students see the poll. So it could be the version of zoom or the computer software of the phone or not phone or. 

None of these answers tell me why it is not working, just that Poll is a great idea, poorly executed. 

I believe the response just above yours states that if a user is using a browser (versus the app), they are not able to participate in the poll. (Not great but at least we can understand to tell our students).