cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Mtg from Link VASTLY changes with 5.13.4

berniem
Listener

After installing 5.13.4 today, a BIG change has occurred when launching meetings. 

Formerly (even with 5.13.3) I was able to launch a meeting by clicking on the meeting specific URL I'd entered into my calendar.  Now, that DOES NOT WORK.  When I encountered this, I logged into my account via a browser (Brave, which is Chromium based), went into my listed meetings, and attempted to start the meeting from there.  That too, DID NOT WORK.

The only way I'm now able to launch a previously scheduled (recurring) meeting, it to go into the zoom app, and launch from there.  Here's a loom to illustrate the behavior of 5.13.4

https://www.loom.com/share/b713af077ce74251809d0abf1134c1d3

2 REPLIES 2

berniem
Listener

For those reading, a zoom link will open up the browser window with 

Click Open zoom.us on the dialog shown by your browser
If you don’t see a dialog, click Launch Meeting below

however, when you click that 'launch meeting' button, it no longer launches the meeting.  It just opens the zoom app, and you have to go find the meeting to launch there.

berniem
Listener

At 06h45 Pacific Time on 10 January 2023, this issue is now resolved.  

I did log out of my zoom client, login on a browser, and attempt launches like are shown in the loom above.  Those links from calendar entries now work as they did last week.

I logged back in to my zoom client, and re-attempted the launch from link in the calendar entry.  That too was successful.