cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version of Zoom does not work on my MacBook. It just hangs.

hsmatis
Listener

When I downloaded the lasted version of Zoom on my MacBook, it just hangs.   It works on my other computers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hsmatis
Listener

Booting my Mac into safe mode solved the problem.  I still don't know what caused Zoom to hang in normal mode.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jameswalter
Participant

Restart your computer. If your screen still freezes or Zoom still crashes after a restart, check if the camera works in a Mac app, such as Photo Booth or Facetime. If it works elsewhere, uninstall the Zoom client and reinstall the latest version from our Download Center.

Regards,
James

hsmatis
Listener

I tried all of those treatments before I posted.  None worked.

mle
Listener

The exact same thing happened to me.  I have tried all the same things as the original poster, same result. 

hsmatis
Listener

Booting my Mac into safe mode solved the problem.  I still don't know what caused Zoom to hang in normal mode.

mle
Listener

Safe mode also worked for me but that's not a daily-use option.  Following a hunch based on virtual camera issues discussed here (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1379392) I found that uninstalling the Zoom client, deleting the contents of /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/, and then reinstalling the client, did the trick.  Just posting, in case it helps others...