cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Zoom update

LauraS
Listener

Since I update the latest version of Zoom I have found that my Zoom meetings are freezing after an hour and I have to restart my laptop in order to re-enter the meeting (these are meetings where I am the host). I have never had this issue before and use Zoom daily and have been doing so for years. I have a paid plan. Is this a bug with the latest version of Zoom?

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @LauraS a lot of possibilities here that could be causing the issue such as your network, your hardware, or the client and settings within.

When the 'freezing' happens, does this happen when you share a screen, turn on video, etc.?

Whether it be a video or any content? If sharing screen, have you looked into Managing advanced screen sharing settings? There are settings there that can change your bandwidth requirements which will affect your experience or settings that will increase hardware acceleration. 

If you changed your video or noticed it when your video is on; there is the same with advanced video settings that will increase hardware acceleration. 

If all else fails suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

LauraS
Listener

Hi @RN  - thanks so much for getting back to me! Sorry for the delay - I had covid! The freezing wasn't happening at any specific time - totally random. Anyway, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and all totally fine now, so that did the trick :). Thanks for your advice.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@LauraS no problem, anytime! Glad I could help. And oh no! Glad you're better! Feel free to reply if this occurs again or create a new discussion; otherwise, if my reply helped just don't forget to click that 'Accept as Solution' button. Thanks!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!