cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop camera works. Install Zoom app and camera stops working on laptop

nalabala
Listener

Without Zoom app installed the preinstalled camera works. When I install the Zoom app I can do a preview then when I click to join the meeting I get an error that no camera can be found. I click on the camera icon and it says camera not installed. As soon as I click 'join meeting' I lose the camera from my laptop completely. Further, if I try and go to Zoom's website I get an error. I reset all permissions to default and the firewall is not blocking anything. It was working a week ago. I updated the laptop and the driver for the camera.  Help!

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @nalabala, if you go into your Zoom settings > Camera, you don't have the option to select your integrated camera? 

And if you go to https://zoom.us what type of error are you receiving? If you could capture some screenshots of the errors you're receiving I could do some more digging for you! Try rebooting between uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom desktop client to see if that fixes the issue? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi RN, thanks for responding. I can't get to the camera settings because it says the camera can't be found.  The camera does work on its own. Also, Zoom also a camera preview but as soon as I chose to enter the meeting the 'no camera found error' is present with a red line across the video icon. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times with no success. Sorry, I don't have screenshots. I am at work.