cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape vs Portrait

BLC
Listener

My video is showing Landscape only. Although I have changed it to portrait several times and rebooted. Same landscape screen. Anyone out there to provide guidance. I'm on a Mac Pro.

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

It could be that your video is rotated. This article can show you how to fix that: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005859366

If you've already done that, it could in the web cam settings directly. Does this happen with both an external webcam and the built-in camera? 

Dear Bort---

I hope you can help me.  I'm not on a cell phone but on a new Surface laptop, no added camera.  I don't want a camera, & shouldn't need one.  The built in camera in my laptop is fine.  I never needed a camera  before on Zoom, & I never changed any camera settings. 
Zoom worked fine until a few days ago when I clicked Yes to the Zoom update they sent me.  Ever since my free Zoom account updated, it started showing my meeting page (my face etc.) in LANDSCAPE.  The page is turned 90 degrees on my laptop screen, so to look at my face I would have to turn my physical head 90 degrees!  (Sideways!)  Hard on my neck, lol!

I can see no options in Zoom menu to switch between portrait & landscape, despite the fact that some commenters here say it exists.  If you know where this option is, please let me know.    
Of course people don't rotate laptops in their hand like they do cell phones, & laptop pictures won't automatically go top up if they did rotate the laptop. 

What did Zoom change in their latest update to cause this switching their meeting page in laptops to landscape (sideways) view?  It never did that before the update.  How do I switch it back to portrait?  It is unusable on my laptop the way it is!

--Thanks much, Josef7

I see that you asked this question nearly a year ago and have already found that you can click on your picture in the upper right and select swith to portrait mode or switch to landscape mode.  But with my Windows 10 Surface Pro even in portrait mode with the image rotated to upright, the image will not fill the screen.  There is still a small landscape window with a portrait image inside it.  On my iPad, the portrait image fills the entire screen.  I am looking for a way to do this on a Surface Pro.

josef7
Listener

BLC:  Is your problem the same as mine?  Mine is:  

I'm not on a cell phone but on a new Surface laptop, no added camera.  I don't want a camera, & shouldn't need one.  The built in camera in my laptop is fine.  I never needed a camera  before on Zoom, it worked fine until a few days ago when I clicked Yes to the Zoom update they sent me.  Ever since my free Zoom account updated, it started showing my meeting page (my face etc.) in LANDSCAPE.  The page is turned 90 degrees on my laptop screen, so to look at my face I would have to turn my physical head 90 degrees!  (Sideways!)  Hard on my neck, lol!

I can see no options in Zoom menu to switch between portrait & landscape, despite the fact that some commenters here say it exists.  If you know where this option is, please let me know.    

Of course people don't rotate laptops in their hand like they do cell phones, & laptop pictures won't automatically go top up if they did rotate the laptop. 

What did Zoom change in their latest update to cause this switching their meeting page in laptops to landscape (sideways) view?  It never did that before the update.  How do I switch it back to portrait?  It is unusable the way it is!

--Thanks much, Josef7

Josef7, on my Surface Laptop, I click the dropdown arrow on the video icon and select video settings.  In the top right of the pop up settings window, there is an icon to turn video 90 degrees.  So this can switch from portrait to landscape, but you get black bars and the image will not fill the screen. If I do it on my Windows PC with a camera, it’s the same. But on an iPad or iPhone, switching to portrait fills the screen. I want my Surface laptop to view in portrait and fill the screen. 

socalmonk
Listener

I also noted the missing toggle for landscape/portrait. No sweat. Open ZOOM and close the calendar (right) pane. Place your cursor on the right border of the ZOOM window until you get the double ended drag and drop arrow. Left click and drag the right border to the left. The add a calendar pane will disappear. Done. It is persistent.

Benny3
Listener

And how exactly does it solve the issue? The toggle switch is still not visible