cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard input not responding

donafinador
Listener

Just this morning, I discovered that when I tried to log in or join a meeting, the Windows app was not responding to some keystrokes. At first, I assumed I had a hardware keyboard issue. However, even after I changed keyboards, the issue persisted. No other apps, including Word are affected. I found out later that even the Windows on-screen keyboard has the same issue - including the same characters unresponsive, as far as I can tell.

It seems to be the same keys that are unresponsive, mostly on the left side of the keyboard, but also some numbers. There was an app update available but updating has not resolved the issue. Fortunately, at least one of our other Windows computers is unaffected, so far. So, I was able to get the meeting started. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

If you haven't already, I would power the computer completely OFF, unplug and replug your components in, then power everything back up.

If that doesn't help, then I would check to see if your computer has the need to update its BIOS, which comes from the manufacturer's website.

Jeff Widgren

#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen