cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep PMI when changing institutions?

691_371_153
Listener

While I was getting my Ph.D., my school granted everyone Zoom accounts, and the PMI I was assigned was easy to remember. Many of my friends have my PMI on file. Now I'm a professor at another school. Is there any way to carry the PMI over as I work at my new school?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @691_371_153 

Well, yes and no. It just depends. 

If you were able to disassociate your profile from your Grad School's account, then that PMI would follow with your profile. Since that likely did not happen, it will come down to luck.

• If your old profile was deleted and that PMI is still available on our system, you can change your new profile's PMI to your old PMI. 
  • If your old profile was not yet deleted, your old PMI is still attached to that profile and cannot be used. You might have to reach out to an IT admin at your old school to see if they can delete it for you, which would free up that PMI for use on your new profile. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bort

Hi @691_371_153 

Well, yes and no. It just depends. 

If you were able to disassociate your profile from your Grad School's account, then that PMI would follow with your profile. Since that likely did not happen, it will come down to luck.

• If your old profile was deleted and that PMI is still available on our system, you can change your new profile's PMI to your old PMI. 
  • If your old profile was not yet deleted, your old PMI is still attached to that profile and cannot be used. You might have to reach out to an IT admin at your old school to see if they can delete it for you, which would free up that PMI for use on your new profile.