cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining with ID and password instead of link

TomInterp
Listener

Hi,

I've been having an issue for a while when I receive a URL link to join a meeting instead of an ID and password.

On my desktop, clicking on the link will only open the Zoom app where I then have to enter the ID and password.

I don't have this issue on my laptop: clicking on the link will open the Zoom app and the meeting.

How can I make it so that clicking on a link will not only open the App, but also make me join the meeting?

Let me know if this is not clear...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Tom, I’ll send you a private message in the Zoom Community – I’d like to ask for some information that you probably wouldn’t want to post publicly. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @TomInterp  - and maybe @tigist too, since you Liked this post.

I need some more information, since this normally doesn't happen.  What device are you using?  Windows PC, Mac, phone, tablet, Chromebook, etc.  And where is this link located?  In an Email local to your device, in an email in a web browser (like gmail using the web interface), in a calendar, etc.

With a little more info, I can do some research and possibly narrow down the issue.

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

On my desktop and on my laptop, I use Windows. I get the link in an email that I open on a browser. But even copy/pasting the link or opening it from Calendar result in the same: just opens the Zoom app on the desktop, opens the session on the laptop.

Ray_Harwood

Tom, I’ll send you a private message in the Zoom Community – I’d like to ask for some information that you probably wouldn’t want to post publicly. 

Sounds good!