cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining a Zoom Meeting Via a Phone Web Browser

RickWalery
Listener

Good day-

I am wondering if anyone knows if Zoom has removed (recently) the ability for a meeting participant to join a Zoom meeting from a smartphone using the web browser on the phone.  I beleive there used to be a link in the phone browser with this option.  I no longer see that option on the browser of a smartphone.  I only see the option to download/install the phone app or join the meeting by phone-only.  I believe the link to join from a web browser is there when I go to the equivaent browser page on a desktop PC.

I have a use cases where we want people to join a meeting from their phone but they may or may not know how to download/install the app from an app store.  BTW, the meeting is a Zoom for Government meeting, if that matters.

Thanks,
Rick

8 REPLIES 8

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @RickWalery 

You are right. For gov accounts, Mobile web browsers are not supported. So users will need to download the Zoom App on mobile devices. Please see article here:

https://support.zoomgov.com/hc?sys_kb_id=af309aff1b126c108483a86ce54bcbeb&id=kb_article_view&sysparm...

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Hello @sachinzoom 

Quick question here, is it only for Gov accounts? And if not, since when is this in place? 

sachinzoom

HI @evelynelin 

Yes this is only for Gov accounts. 

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply @sachinzoom. I just recently tested hosting a webinar and joining with my phone, without installing the app on my phone. When clicking on the zoom link, I arrive on the "Launch meeting" page where I see the "launch meeting" button and two CTAs redirecting me to download the app (through zoom or Play store since I'm on Android). Nothing happens when I click on "Launch meeting". Are you sure we can join zoom webinars without having the app installed on our phone? If yes, can you please let me know how we can make it work?

Hello @sachinzoom , gentle bump on the above as the matter is a bit urgent

What about accounts that are not Gov. We don't have a government account and it is also acting this way. Are we able to request this feature to be turned back on? Thanks in advance!

RickWalery
Listener

Hi @sachinzoom 

Thanks for the response.  I did not see anything in that article that mentions the mobile web browswer is no longer support by ZoomGov.  I do agree that seems to be the case.  I am just looking from something from Zoom stating that fact.

Thanks,

Rick

sachinzoom

Hi @RickWalery 

@I see in the pre reqs that mobile web browsers are not supported 

hope that helps