cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining a Meeting Using Dialup

LTL
Listener

How do I find out the passcode for individuals who choose to join Zoom via dial up?  The passcodes need to be nuemeric.

4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@LTL , 

Hello, 

This is a common issue and I can explain how to solve this. When you create a meeting and then send the meeting invitation make sure that you add all of the description from the copy invite. As you will see below, Zoom will take a passcode and change it to a numeric value in Dial in instructions, so for your dial up customers/users you may want to point this out to them or only send them these instructions if you know that they are going to be dialing into the meeting. 

Passcode for test meeting I created:

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.05.38 PM.png

How it will look in the meeting invite instructions.

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.05.56 PM.png

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Also, I scheduled a meeting but I don't see where I can send a meeting invitation.  If most of the people are joining by phone, where am I sending this invite to?  I'm sorry for not being very tech savvy.

LTL
Listener

I found where I can send the meeting invitation but it did not have the numeric passcode for dialup in the instructions.

YaBoiB

@LTL 

No worries at all. That is why we have this page to help others. 

Make sure that when you are creating the meeting by going to the "schedule meeting" button that in the meeting options section, you have "telephone and computer audio" selected, and then when you save the meeting, it will auto-populate with the dial-up information in the "copy invite" section. Here is a screenshot of what that should look like. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 1.43.15 PM.png

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?